Training for strongman involves building overall strength in the gym and training with competition implements to gain familiarity. In the gym, it is necessary to train the entire body for strength, especially with variants of the squat, deadlift, and overhead press. Also important is explosive power, developed by weightlifting-style lifts, and cardiovascular conditioning. Grip strength must also be developed.
Although you can do general strength training, at a typical gym, training with a strongman regimen requires equipment not typically found in a mainstream gym. Some equipment used in Strongman are Atlas Stone, Log (Log Press), Farmers Walk Bars, Yoke (Yoke Walk), Keg (Keg Toss), a vehicle to either lift, pull or carry.
Our members are already starting to reap the benefits of this type of training and most are feeling better than they have in years. We have even had a few members compete in a couple of strongman events around Victoria.
At Momentum Fitness Warrnambool we are adding to our Strongman equipment all the time from Stand or Submit a company that is owned and operated in Victoria and who makes good quality equipment. Owner Mason's background is in engineering so he definitely knows his stuff.
Be a part of a club with like minded people who all have the same goal, to get fit, healthy and become strong!
For only $25.00 per week.
The Strongman/Strongwoman Club includes:
- 1 on 1 Session with the coach who will take you through all the elements and apparatuses, The coach will teach you correct technique and will help with any questions.
- Online program to check form and technique
- A comprehensive online program that is deigned and written by Momentum Fitness Warrnambool - this will include your 1RM for:
*Axel Standing Shoulder Press
*Log C& P
*BB Front Squat
The program will then be written specifically for you!
- T-shirt for either -Vikings (Men) or Valkyries (Women) $40.00 optional*
- All group Training sessions - TBA
- Become a Member of our: "Strongman/Strongwoman Club" Facebook Group. This is a forum for us to be able to discuss training sessions, upcoming comps and to have your input.
If this sounds like your type of training then sign up to day, you will never look back.
*If you are already a member of MFW then please come and see us or contact us prior to signing up.
Once you have become a Strongman/Strongwoman Member, please fill out the registration form below. This will give us a little bit of info on your fitness background and where you want to take Your SM/SW Training.